Arrive in Klaipeda. Optional transfer to the hotel Old Mill*** or similar, check-in. 19:00 welcome meeting at the hotel, where you will be greeted by your tour guide. Optional dinner at the hotel. Overnight in Klaipeda.
Sightseeing tour around the Old Town followed by a cycling ride to Palanga resort along the Seaside Cycle Route leading through Giruliai Forest and the Seaside Regional Park. En route explore the Dutchman’s Cap – a 24-meter-high coastal cliff and Plaze Lake. In Palanga visit the Botanical Park and Amber Museum, cycle along J.Basanavicius pedestrian street with many cafes and restaurants; explore the 470m pier heading into the Baltic Sea. Transfer back to Klaipeda. Optional dinner at the hotel. Overnight in Klaipeda.
Transfer to the inland where start your cycling ride through Pamarys Meadows to Silute. En route stop in Sveksna village to explore the estate with its beautiful park and impressive neo-gothic church of St.Jacob the Apostle. Then cycle on forest trail to Silute with a possible stop at small winery famous for its wines produced from different local berries. Arrive in Silute. Check-in at the hotel Gilija*** or similar, optional dinner at the hotel. Overnight in Silute.
Explore Silute, the town named after “Shilokarchema” (a pub in the pine forest) and go for a return cycling trip to Rusne Island, Lithuania’s only island, in the Nemunas River Delta Regional Park. En route you will explore a traditional fisherman’s smallholding in the Rusne museum and the 19th century lighthouse in Uostadvaris Harbour. Optional dinner at the hotel. Overnight in Silute.
Cycling to Vente Cape where you visit a bird ringing station with a museum of ornithology and the C19th lighthouse which has a panoramic view of the unique landscape including a glimpse of the glistening Curonian Spit sand dunes. Finally, catch the boat for a crossing the Curonian Lagoon to Nida. Arrive in Nida followed by a bike ride to the hotel. Check-in at the hotel Nerija*** or similar, optional dinner at the hotel. Overnight in Nida.
Free day to explore Nida which is a former old fishermen’s village on the Curonian Spit washed by the Baltic Sea on one side and the Curonian Lagoon on the other. Today Nida is the largest settlement in the Neringa region and one of the most beautiful resorts in Lithuania. Cycle or walk along impressive sand dunes, visit the most popular places of interest – the Fisherman’s House, the summer house of famous German writer Thomas Mann and the Amber Gallery. Optional dinner at the hotel. Overnight in Nida.
Cycling on an asphalt bike path part of the Lithuanian Seaside Cycle Route which takes you along the Curonian Spit to Klaipeda. En route you can explore the Dead sand dunes, Juodkrante settlement with the Hill of Witches which houses a hundred fanciful and folksy wooden sculptures of Lithuanian legends scattered along a forest path, go swimming in the Baltic Sea or, simply relax, and enjoy the sun on golden beaches. Arrival in Smiltyne where you take a ferry to the Old Town of Klaipeda. Check-in at the hotel Old Mill*** or similar, optional dinner at the hotel. Overnight in Klaipeda.
Optional transfer to Palanga airport/Klaipeda ferry terminal.
Package prices per person:
EUR 825.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 220.00 (single supplement)
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
– 7 nights stay at the hotels including all hotel taxes
– Breakfast daily
– Welcome meeting with a glass of beer or wine
– Guide escort on days 2-5 & 7
– Rent of trekking bicycle with waterproof pannier (+ helmet on request)
– Transfers by minibus on days 2 & 3
– Ferry ticket from the Curonian Spit to Klaipėda
– Luggage transport on day 3 (Klaipėda-Šilutė), day 5 (Šilutė-harbour-Nida) and day 7 (Nida-Klaipėda)
– Boat trip across the Curonian Lagoon to Nida
– Entrance to: Ornithological station in Ventė, Thomas Mann’s House in Nida and Amber Museum in Palanga.
– Individual information package (city guide, maps, program and route description)
– Single person arrival or departure transfer – 46 EUR per person (Palanga Airport) or 32 EUR per person (Klaipeda ferry terminal);
– Arrival or departure transfer for a party of 2 persons – 23 EUR per person (Palanga Airport) or 16 EUR per person (Klaipeda ferry terminal);
– 3-course dinner package (7 dinners) – 115 EUR per person
– supplement for an E-bike/Pedelec (Kalkhoff, KTM or Giant) with a waterproof pannier – 90 EUR per person
D. PRE/POST TOUR ACCOMMODATION
Hotel in Klaipeda OLD MILL HOTEL*** or similar
SGL 59 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
DBL 69 EUR per room per night, including breakfast
Minimum group size – 2 people.